Habana Province - Old Lonja del Comercio building

Dublin Core

Title

Habana Province - Old Lonja del Comercio building

Subject

Habana Vieja

Description

"Old Lonja del Comercio building.The Lonja del Comercio (Chamber of Commerce) building in Old Havana, Cuba served as the stock exchange in the capital until the 1959 Cuban Revolution. Today, it is an office building.
Based in the building are local and foreign companies, the Brazilian Embassy, news agencies like the BBC, The AP, and the Habana Radio Station. Its construction began in 1907 and ended in 1909, on land that belonged to rich families. The imposing building was designed by architect Thomas Mur and Jose Toraya, under the auspices of the U.S. company Purdy and Henderson. It is recorded since then as one of the most prominent of the early twentieth century Cuba."

Creator

Francisco G. Gómez

Date

8-15-2007

Rights

© Raíces Cultural Center

Format

jpeg

Language

en

Type

Still Image

Identifier

Cuba08.jpg

Coverage

Havana Province, Cuba

Still Image Item Type Metadata

Original Format

Digital Image

Physical Dimensions

1512 × 2016

Files

Cuba08.jpg

Citation

Francisco G. Gómez, “Habana Province - Old Lonja del Comercio building,” Raíces Cultural Center Digital Archive, accessed April 25, 2024, https://archive.raicesculturalcenter.org/items/show/372.

Output Formats